Sunday, May 2, 2010

Goody Haul Report Part 2: The Action Figures

Yeah, it wasn't Free Action Figure Day (although it would have been nice!), but on Free Comic Book Day, I was able to score a few figs at good deals. Also, in-between trips to the LCS, I was able to drop by the Targets, Walmarts, and Toys R Us stores along the way to check out what was available. Here's my Free Comic Book Day action figure haul:

Target
- DCUC Green Parademon: I found a second parademon to add to the (tiny) ranks of my Apokoliptic(?) army. This one cost the normal(eek!) $15.
- Public Enemies Superman (wave 1): I was worried I would not be able to find this guy, since Target seems to be clearing out the PE line now in my area. He was clearanced down to around $9.
- Public Enemies Icicle: Not really interested in this one, except for the Brimstone leg. $9.
- Public Enemies Silver Banshee: Another fig purchased for the CnC part, although it is nice to get this and Icicle to fill my villain ranks. $9.
- DCUC Green Lantern: I found this WGSH version at another Target. I foresaw no chance of picking up the wave 3 version any time soon (at a cheap price!), so I had to pick this one up. $15.

Toys R Us
- DCUC Steppenwolf (Super Powers): I came back to pick up this guy after my wave 11 find almost a month ago. No Kirby version, but the SP version was still here. I have to admit, this SP version looks waaaaay better in person than what I've seen in the pics. $15.

Walmart
I didn't pick up anything at Walmart, but I did see a beat up box of one of the DCUC exclusive 2-packs, the Aquaman and Black (Blue?) Manta. The repaint on these guys just didn't look good (at least to me). Aquaman had this pasty tan going on (almost matching his hair color!), and was decked out in a gold tunic with verrry glossy, christmas green leggings. Black Manta wasn't black, but a flat, purpleish blue. Sorry, I just had to pass on this, really disappointing.

World's Best Comics And Toys
- Marvel Legends Bullseye (Variant): As far as I could tell, the action figures weren't discounted for Free Comic Book Day (the fill-in guy couldn't tell me), but the figs I bought here were reduced in price. This one was marked down to $7.
- Marvel Legends Professor X: This guy looks like he's wearing lipstick, but for $7, I'm not gonna complain too much, especially when I never expected to get one step closer to actually building Galactus (only half way now).
- Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch: What's up with action figure designers and female figures? SW looks like she needs to eat a burger, something, anything! Meh, still a steal for only $5.

A-1 Comics
- DCUC Kid Flash: I can finally complete my Atom Smasher! I've been hesitant to pick up KF mainly because of the two right forearms and the higher price he goes for now. But since he was discounted 20% for Free Comic Book Day (and I need that AS arm!), I picked him up. $13.

Empire's Comics
- Marvel Legends Longshot: I remember Lucky Mullet-Head from the great Art Adams mini-series, and at a 35% discount, picked him up cheap! $7.
- DCUC Green Arrow: Since he came with only a stand for wave 9, I didn't really care if I picked up the wave 9 or WGSH version. They had the WGSH here, so I picked him up. $13.
- SOTA Street Fighter Gen: With the lack of news from NECA on SFIV, I decided to stick to just collecting SOTA SF figs instead. I saw this purple-clad Gen at a great price (compared to what I've seen online!). $9.
- DCUC Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond): This is another fig where I didn't expect much hope in getting the original version, so I picked up the WGSH version. $11.

Okee Dokes, that's it for the figs I got on Free Comic Book Day, but I'm still not done with my Goody Haul Report (Yup, there's more!). Stay tuned for Part 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment