Saturday, May 1, 2010

Goody Haul Report: Free Comic Book Day and a Huuuuge Haul!

Alright, the previous Goody Haul Report was a bit small, and I think it may have been the calm before the storm. Maybe the reason I didn't get so much was because, in the back of my mind, I knew Free Comic Book Day was coming. Besides the free comics, most LCS also have discounts on their stuff they want to sell to you!

Today, I went to the following three(four) comic shops:

  • A-1 Comics (two locations)

  • World's Best Comics and Toys

  • Empire's Comics


  • One shop (I won't name which) only let me pick two free books, another had no more books to give, and the third (they deserve mentioning), Empire's Comics, let me pick one copy of each free book I wanted (cool beans!). Not only that, EC also included other books for free that were not a part of the Free Comic Book Day package (probably their excess inventory)! Here's my Free Comic Book Day haul:

    Archie's Summer Splash #1 - Free Comic Book Day
    Continuum #1
    Countdown Special: The Flash #1
    DC Kids - Free Comic Book Day
    Doctor Solar/Magnus - Free Comic Book Day
    Fantastic 4 #563
    Green Lantern Corps #35
    Mouse Guard/Fraggle Rock - Free Comic Book Day
    Freakshow #1
    G.I. Joe (IDW) #155.5 - Free Comic Book Day
    Iron Man/Nova - Free Comic Book Day
    Secret Invasion: Requiem #1
    Shrek/The Penguins Of Madagascar - Free Comic Book Day
    Sonic The Hedgehog - Free Comic Book Day
    Toy Story - Free Comic Book Day
    Ultimates 2 #13
    War Of The Supermen #0 - Free Comic Book Day
    Wednesday Comics #1
    Astonishing X-Men #10
    Yow! - Free Comic Book Day

    Whew! Those were just the free comics! Like I said earlier, the LCS also discounted the stuff in their store. New issues were 20% off (A-1 and Empire's) and back issues were either 50% off (A-1 and World's) or 75% off (Empire's again! Too cool!). This discount meant that alot of the new and back issues I bought (to fill holes in my collection) were less than a dollar! Here's my paid comic book haul:

    Batman And The Outsiders (original): 24, 26
    Booster Gold (original): 6, 7
    Booster Gold (current): 2-6, 27-31
    Guardians Of The Galaxy: 1-6, 11
    JSA All-Stars (current): 4
    Justice Society Of America (current): 9, 17-22, 24-26, 33, 36, 38 (25 and below were all the Ross covers)
    Justice Society Of America Annual: 1
    Nightwing: 2
    Outsiders (current): 29
    X-Factor (original): 4, 8, 9, 11-16
    X-Force (current): 26
    X-Men: Second Coming: 1
    Uncanny X-Men (original): 198, 207

    I guess I'll end it here for now, and let you know about my action figure haul (yeah, I have more to my Goody Haul Report!) on my next post. Until then, keep it casual!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment