Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Superugh!

What's up with the "reimaginings" and "redesigns" of iconic DC characters and their costumes? First Wonder Woman, then Batman, and now Superman. If you're wondering what it looks like, just do a pic search on "Earth One Superman" and you'll see early Supes in a hoodie.

I'm all for changes to a look here and there, but an entire wardrobe change, which in my opinion, isn't all that great? The news reports are attributing this "new look" to the "Twilight Effect", but as much I'd like to agree, I gotta say this effect goes back to the reimagining of BSG. It was done so well, everyone seems to be apeing it.

I'm so glad "Earth One" will be just a graphic novel, and won't (hope!) have to see that "costume" replace the iconic costumes. They're iconic for a reason, folks.

Keep it casual!

No comments:

Post a Comment