Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My New Website!

Well, I went and finally did it: I reserved my own domain name, http://www.aetherus.net/! I've actually been thinking about creating my own website for some time now, but the lack of motivation and time just prevented me from doing it this past year. But in early October, I made the decision: "If I don't reserve a site now, I'll never get around to doing it!".

After looking through several web hosting sites, I settled with HostGator.com. I opted for the "Baby Croc" plan, which looks to be just enough for what I need.

At the moment, there isn't much to my site; just a link to this blog. It may take a while for me to flesh it out, considering that I haven't done anything web design related in almost a decade! I'm still catching up with all things beyond basic HTML, and I have about as much artistic web design skills as a brick.

As far as to what I plan to do with the site? Well, I always wanted to do things such as showcase items from my various collections, set up a collector forum, and wax poetic about my various hobbies. Who knows how far I'll get? All I know for now is that I'll work on it here and there (certainly a lot of it will be testing and fixing bugs!), and hopefully I'll enjoy the process of creating and developing it. So, on to this new journey!

Until then, keep it casual! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment