Friday, April 16, 2010

The Achilles' Heel Of Figs: The Heel!

Of all the joints to be loosy goosy, the ankles have to be the worst and most annoying. While free standing, these joints support the entire figure (unless the fig is either upside down or supported elsewhere), and if the ankle joints are wobbly, then expect the figure to be constantly either on the flat of its back or faceplanted on the ground.

Last night, I opened up my DC Universe Classics green Parademon, and I noticed his weak ankles, but it didn't seem that bad. He stood alright when I recorded my Casual Peek Into video on him, and he posed well when I took pics of him for the video. But this morning I discovered the Apokoliptic(?) grunt had fallen off the shelf and was prone on the floor. Arrrgh! I hate loose ankles! Since propping him back up, he's fallen over three more times. At least he hasn't fallen back to knock over any figs behind him!

When I used to frequent the Xevoz forums, I read a tip to tighten up a Xevoz's loose ball joints by applying some clear nail polish into the sockets. I've never actually done this to any of my Xevoz figs since all of their joints are still nice and tight. But I'm considering doing this to the Parademon. The only problem right now is that I don't have any nail polish, and if you haven't seen the nail polish aisle at your local Walmart or Target, it's going to be like looking for that rare fig amongst the pegs of commons and peg warmers! Wish me luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment