Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Goody Haul Report: Tiny Pick-ups

Hey folks, this is just a small Goody Haul Report this time around. After the goodiness of both my last haul and my online orders (You can see the unboxings of my online pick-ups at my YouTube channel here), I've taken a small breather so I can catch up to the shooting of videos of my goodies, not to mention a break for my wallet! OK here's the goodies:



Spider-Man Fiercest Foes Power Charge Rhino: When I first heard about this line, I pretty much dismissed it, due to the what I heard about the poor articulation compared to Marvel Universe figures. I even saw and passed on the Rhino a few times. But then I saw the YouTube videos of the Rhino from both lunacy05 and HOOLIGANISM1982, which quickly changed my mind on the Rhino where I now had to get him. But damn, this guy just disappeared, nowhere to be found! But I finally found one at a K-Mart during my lunch break. Sweet! $8.

Iron Man 2 Titanium Man: At the same K-Mart, the 4" Iron Man 2 figures were on sale. I did a quick peek through the pegs, looking for the $5 coupon sticker to indicate wave 2 figs, and found a few! They had the classic IM (passed for now), Guardsman with bad paint (Boo! passed on these), and a couple of Titanium Man figs. Cool! $7.

Iron Man 2 Hall Of Armor Collection Mark IV: I latched onto the IM2 line pretty early (it was nice to find them a month early!), but interest dropped soon after (just too many other nice toys to pick up!). But I've had a resurgence of interest in all things Iron Man, and decided to try and find the Target Exclusive, Hall Of Armor Mark IV fig. I heard these were different than the single carded figs (paint was more accurate to the movie), not to mention the cool ARC reactor light-up stand. But after a few sightings at various Targets, I just couldn't find one that looked good. The majority of them had wonky leg bends, and bad paint. I did find one with good legs and meh paint, so I picked that one up. $13.

Iron Man Mark II: It seems TRU found a new batch of 6" IM figs from the first movie. I missed most of these when they first came out (I did pick up an Iron Monger back then), and now is my chance to catch up. Lots of folks in the YouTube community don't seem to like these much, but I think they're fine. I want to go back and get more. $11.

Iron Man 2 Concept Series 3-Pack: This is a nice set of 3 IM2 concept armors. I later found out that they are repaints of the first IM concept armors, but I don't care much, since they are still pretty neat (and I don't have any of the first concept armors). $24 (on sale from $30).

Transformers ROTF Brawn: I don't collect too many TF figs, but I was able to find this one on clearance. I hope to find a Lockdown on clearance too. $7.

Amazing Spider-Man Series Hobgoblin: I saved the best one for last. I was on my way home from work, and decided to drop by a Rite-Aid to get some ice cream. Going through the toy aisle, I found this figure stuck on the pegs! A very cool figure set which has been hanging on pegs for at least three or four years! He cost a bit more than original retail, but definitely cheaper than the current secondary market value! A definite treasure find, and an instant pick-up! $13.

Ok, that's it for now! Keep it casual!

No comments:

Post a Comment