Thursday, May 13, 2010

Maybe They Should Rethink Their Faction Name?!?

I abhor the act of taking the life of another, a practice which should remain in fiction, and I try to not make light of any situation where it occurs, but I couldn't help myself chuckle when I read a news blurb from the Yahoo! website.

Earlier today, an anti-goverment security chief in Thailand was killed from a possible sniper shot to the head. The news blurb that made me chuckle?


No joke. The name of their anti-government group is indeed named "The Red Shirts"! And the one who was killed really was their security chief. Uhhhh, maybe these folks should watch a little more TOS Trek and have their group renamed?

UPDATE: The latest news is that the renegade general is currently in a coma, and is expected to survive. Let's hope he escapes the fates which Captain Kirk's security officers had suffered on the show....

No comments:

Post a Comment