Thursday, May 20, 2010

Goody Haul Report: Taking A Chance Online

I'm always a bit uncomfortable making action figure purchases online, especially from a site I've never been to, because I don't have the ability to look over the figure before buying it. But last week I was on Puzzle Zoo, and they had quite a few figs at some really nice prices. I hemmed and hawwed for a bit, but decided to try them out. I planned to get a few of the really inexpensive stuff first, just in case I get burned.

Well, my purchases came in yesterday (delivery came in only a few days, not including the weekend), and I'm impressed so far. Here are the figs I got:

ML Baron Zemo: This one was on sale for only $7. It's part of the Mojo Build A Figure series, which is nice since I really like the Longshot universe from the original miniseries back in the 80's.

ML Beta Ray Bill: I was really looking forward to this figure, and saw one at a LCS on Free Comic Book Day for $19, but just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm glad I didn't, since the one at Puzzle Zoo was on sale for only $8!

SOTA SF Guile: I'm continuing my hunt for SOTA Street Fighter figs, and there are quite few on Puzzle Zoo. Lots of variants, but I'm really looking for the base versions first. They had a base Guile for only $10.

SOTA SF Birdie: I honestly don't even remember from what series of SF this guy is in, but at only $6, I'm not really going to complain. This fig has a nice switchblade comb!

I liked my experience with Puzzle Zoo so far, and plan to make more purchases, but I still haven't decided if I should make a more expensive buy. I'll probably stick to stuff below $12 for now.

I also found a couple more goodies at a Big Lots earlier this week, and they happen to coincide with my revived interest in LOTR. These finds aren't figs, but are two books:

The Lord Of The Rings Complete Visual Companion: This is a nice book of photos of all the stuff from the LOTR film trilogy. It's basically a photgraphic tour of the film universe (also with brief descriiptions), covering all the main characters, races, geography, and storyline. Pretty nice at $5.

The Lord Of The Rings: The Making Of The Movie Trilogy: Much like the previous book, but this hardcover goes behind the camera lens and covers the production of the trilogy. Very interesting reading and nice photos. This book also cost only $5.

Nice Goodies this time around. Until next time, keep it casual!

No comments:

Post a Comment