Thursday, April 15, 2010

Goody Haul Report: Shopping On The Interwebs

After the NECA finds of Akuma and Lt. Kim, I decided to look online for what I could find on the cheap. Besides NECA, I was also looking for any Star Trek figs after my cool finds at WonderCon.

All I can say is that you have to look deep and hard to find a good buy. Too many places have figs for way too much, especially the Gears Of War line (which I should've expected). I did find one place, Urban Collector, which had some pretty neat finds. Urban specializes in pop culture collectibles, where action figures are only a part. One order came in at the end last week, and the other arrived only several days ago. Everything was packed alright and weren'y damaged, so I'd recommend this site for future ordering (which reminds me that I need to post some feedback for them!). Here's some of my goody hauls through Urban Collector:

Captain Picard with Captain's Chair: This was a very nice find for only $10! This set has been discounted throughout the interwebs, but I've only seen it this cheap at Urban. This set looks really cool, so I don't know why he's so cheap (but I haven't opened him up yet). Maybe he's just been overproduced.

The Spirit: Based off the movie, I thought this looked nice when I saw it at TRU (although I do wish he came in the Eisner blue). I was considering ordering him through TRU online (they had him on clearance for about $7), but Urban was selling him for only $5.

Chun-Li: After my Akuma find that week, I started to look for more of the NECA Street Fighter IV figs. Urban had the newer figs as well as the wave 2 figs, so I ordered Thunder Thighs for $12. But this was before I found out NECA has no current plans to go beyond the alternate costumes (Nooooo!), so this may be my last NECA SFIV fig. I may have to look to the SOTA figs, especially for the Sagat that I want.

Marcus Fenix: Urban had this guy for only $7 so I took a bite. This is the Version 2 of Fenix, which at the time I didn't know was prone to limb breakage. He looks OK in the package, so I guess I have to be extra careful. If he breaks (I hear it's common in the arm), I've seen a vid on YouTube for a fix where I can try to apply it if needed.

As far as other goody hauls this week, it's been very light. The only figure I bought through a physical store was a DC Universe Classics Black Canary I found at a Target today. One step closer towards Chemo, yeah!

Until next time, keep it casual!

No comments:

Post a Comment