Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"By The Power Of My Casual Interests!"

Bummed that I won't be able to watch any of the Transformers: Animated episodes until my DVD comes in, I trolled the interwebs, poking here and there. Through my wanderings, I happened to find a toy website having a sale on some Masters Of The Universe Classics figures for $25 each. Neato!

I actually had no real interest in MOTU (the animated series or the toylines) when it first came out in the 80s, and never really followed it when it came out in the 2000s. It wasn't until recently that I started noticing how well the recent MOTUC line of figures were turning out. I seriously considered purchasing the Count Marzo figure when it was released last month, but had passed. I have since regretted not getting it after seeing some vids of the fig on YouTube. So when the SDCC sets of Mo-Larr vs. Skeletor and Orko & Prince Adam were available at the beginning of this month, I took the chance and bought them. I have yet to free them from the packaging, but these guys are so friggin' sweet! (I may not free the Mo-Larr set; it's just so damn nice!)

My interest in TFA has now been (temporarily) shifted to MOTUC. I've been on the hunt for MOTUC, and with the find of decent-priced figs through the website I found this past weekend (sorry I won't name the website until I get the figs I ordered), I don't think I can no longer ignore the MOTU mythos. I'm really going to have to brush up on the lore, because outstide of He-Man and Skeletor and the occasional clips I've seen over the decades, I really know nothing about MOTU! Now I'll have to hunt for the DVDs of these shows too!

But all is not well with MOTUC. But I'll get to that a little later. Until then, keep it casual!

No comments:

Post a Comment