Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yet Another Banner To Take On The Hulk

No More Banner For You!


OK, I may be a day or two late, but I just read that Ed Norton will not be reprising his role as Dr. Banner in any of the future Marvel films. Apparantly the creative scuffle that went on during the Incredible Hulk film soured the movie execs enough to look for someone else (It's been hinted they will make a replacement announcement during Comic-Con). What do I think about it?

Although I liked the Incredible Hulk movie, as well as Ed Norton's role in it, I say good choice, Marvel. I remember reading about Ed Norton's creative involvement in the making of the movie, which is cool. But when Norton wasn't given the credit he thought he deserved, he pretty much skipped out on promoting the movie when it was being released, which is not cool. To me, it looked as though Norton wasn't seeing the bigger picture: Laying the potential groundwork of creating an actual comic universe on film, which would've meant more films (and money!). Instead of trying to gain the glory up front, he should've sucked it in, taken one for the team, bit the bullet, whatever.

So I say, Norton threw his chance away. Downey Jr., Johansson, Jackson, Evans, and Hemsworth are stars who are "playing their part", and will be rewarded for it in the long run. Norton's a great actor, but a short-sighted one, and I won't miss seeing him when Banner next shows up on film.

No comments:

Post a Comment