Thursday, April 8, 2010

Another Goody Haul Already?

Yeah, I know I posted a goody haul just yesterday, but the action figure gods were smiling upon me today, so I couldn't wait to share this.

Just last week at WonderCon, I was on the lookout for action figures, specifically superhero ones, to fill holes in my collection. But I guess going to a comic convention looking for great deals on comic figures is not the way to go. Figs I was looking for were simply overpriced by at least $10 over retail, some by $20! I went home with some good deals on figs, but all of them were non-superhero.

Today, while on my lunch break, I visited another of the TRUs I frequent, and they happened to restock the DC Universe Classics pegs! This was the first sign the action figure gods had smiled upon me.

Of course, the usual suspects were there; Captain Colds, Booster Golds, and a Blue Beetle (I really don't know why Beetle would peg warm, but he was there). But accompanying the peg warmers today was a set of DCUC Wave 11s! Every figure from that wave (minus a Deadman variant) was in front of me, begging to be bought at retail, where almost a week ago they were being sold for $20 - $30 at WonderCon. This was the second sign the action figure gods had smiled upon me.

With retail distribution being severely lacking, I couldn't just pick up a figure here or there, but I didn't go into TRU prepared to buy an entire a wave of figures (The action gods had only smiled upon me, they weren't downright joyous). So I only picked up the figs I needed to complete my Kilowog Collect And Connect, which was still alot since I only had one wave 11 fig at this point. I left The Question and the two Steppenwolves (I really didn't want to) to keep the peg warmers company.

It was kind of weird (and bulky) holding five figure sets in my hands while in line at the checkout (I've never purchased this many DCUC at one time). I wonder if the checkout person thought I was some sort of scalper? I didn't really care at this point, since all I was thinking of was that "Kilowog will soon be mine!"

So that's my Goody Haul for today. I've got five new DCUC figures and the parts needed for Kilowog, so expect to see Casual Peeks Into these guys and gal in the next week or so (I'm going to try and spread them out). Oh happy day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment