Tuesday, February 9, 2010

DCUC Wave 14: A Walmart Exclusive

I've been reading on the interwebs that it was recently announced that Wave 14 of the DC Universe Classics line will be a Walmart exclusive wave. Considering that I can only find wave 10 and older at the Walmarts in my location, I'm not expecting to see any of the figures from the wave anytime soon. While I'm waiting for them to show up (probably not until at least this summer or later), I thought I'd share my thoughts on each of the figures in wave 14:

  • Gold: I don't follow the Metal Men, and so far, I haven't picked up any of the figures released so far. They look alright, but these guys just aren't at the top of my purchase list, so I'll have to pass on Goldie here.

  • Hourman: Any member of the JSA is a pick-up for me, so I'll be getting this guy for sure.

  • Obsidian: Any of the JSA villains is a pick-up too. So Obsy is a purchase.

  • Alan Scott: Wow, a JSA filled wave! Of course, the first Green Lantern is a definite buy.

  • Kamandi: I don't quite get the fascination the people have with this guy. Me knowing next to nothing about him also doesn't help. So it's a pass for me.

  • Tyr: Another guy I'm not familiar with. Was Tyr an original Super Powers release? I ask because the DCUC version of Tyr has that Super Powers look. I'll have to pass on this one.

  • Zatanna: A definite buy. I don't know what it is (the fishnets?), but I've always been a fan of hers. Let's hope this figure handles better than Black Canary.

  • Ultra Humanite: The Collect And Connect figure of the wave. I'm really on the fence with this one. I'm interested in this figure, but don't really want to have to get the unwanted figures to get the pieces to assemble this one. I don't know....

  • Ok, those are my quick thoughts on wave 14 of DC Universe Classics. Again I don't expect to see these guys in the store anytime soon, but if I do, I'll have a general idea of which ones to pick up.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment