Friday, January 29, 2010

STO For Life!

As this blog describes, I'm pretty much casual when it comes to my hobbies and interests, but I did something "hardcore" when it comes to gaming. A couple of weeks ago while playing around in the Star Trek Online beta, Cryptic Studios offered all of the pre-order players a lifetime subscription plan when STO releases this coming Tuesday. Yeah, I signed up for it. I did think it through before doing it (over the course of a weekend), but in the end, I thought it was worthwhile.

It cost me $240 for me to be able to play STO for as much and for as long I want without having to pay a $15 monthly subscription fee, but I figured, A) The game is fun, B) I'm a Star Trek fan and love a MMO set in that universe, and C) this is a game I believe I would be playing for at least the 16 months it costs me for paying the lifetime subscription.

I guess I'm just hoping the game doesn't go belly up before my "investment" pays off. But with the Star Trek name behind it, I don't think I'll have anything to worry about. See ya on Risa!

No comments:

Post a Comment